Mitacs: High Performing Leadership and Teams course via the EDGE portal
Mitacs will offer their Leadership Skills course to our workshop participants. You will need to enroll for this course on the EDGE portal and complete the (approx. 90 minute) asynchronous portion of the course prior to the workshop. On completion of the asynchronous part of the course and signing up for the facilitated session you will receive a Zoom link from Mitacs for the facilitated part of the course taking place on July 13th, 2023, from 1:00 pm until 3:30 pm MDT.
Please follow the instructions below to access this course.
High-performing leadership and teams! – Asynchronous self-paced e-learning (90 min)
Upon completion of this course, you are invited to self-enroll and participate in a facilitated session.
- Describe the qualities and skills of effective leaders today
- Explain leadership styles
- Describe how you can be a leader in your own organization, to support the business objectives
- List the characteristics of successful teams
- Explain how to ensure an inclusive workplace
- Identify burnout and stress
- Build on the interpersonal course by digging deeper into conflict management, avoidance, and progressive principles
Applying the principles of sound leadership and team building – Synchronous facilitated session (90 min)
In this facilitated session, participants are building on their foundational knowledge of leadership strategies and applying them by identifying and critiquing leadership styles in demonstrated video scenarios.
Learners that have completed the asynchronous course “High performing leadership and teams”.